Smart Drainage System®
By using drainage water management instead of conventional deep free drainage, producers conserve water, reduce fertilizer and nutrient loss to streams by 30 to 50%, and increase yields.
Smart Drainage System® Tips
- Most cost effective on 0-1% slope.
- Install mains on steepest grades and laterals as long and on as flat of a grade as possible.
- Install Water Level Control Structures in the main every 1′ to 2′ of elevation change.
- Some existing drainage systems can be retrofitted.
- Can be used to sub-irrigate crops.
- Cost share available to install and manage Smart Drainage System® in some areas.
Managing Your LIQUID ASSETS
The Inline Water Level Control Structure™ is designed to be installed in the pipe line, so the water enters the pipe, then flows into the box, over the stoplogs, then out the downstream side of the structure. Structures are available in either manual or automatic.
- Structures are constructed of rugged 1/2″ PVC.
- Stainless steel screws and custom anodized aluminum corner extrusions are used for
- strength and durability.
- 5′ & 7″ stoplogs for adjustability.
- Available in 4″ to 24″ diameter pipe.
- Inline available in 2′, 3′, 4′, 5′, 6′, 8′, 10′, and 12′ heights.
- Flexible couplers allow PVC, plastic pipe, or other materials to be easily attached (specify when ordering).
- Larger CMP structures available.
- 5-year warranty on all standard structures.
- Customized or special orders will carry a 1-year warranty on workmanship and material and are nonreturnable.
- Please allow up to 2 weeks for shipment.
US Patent No. 6,715,508 B2
US Patent No. 6,786,234 B2
Canadian Patent No. 2,403,456
Canadian Patent No. 2,466,976